The cinema has played host to several nerd movies. The story of a boy who is taken into a virtual world, where people are enslaved and used to power machines, The Matrix is one of the greatest works of science fiction of the 90s.
What are the movies every nerd should see? This is a difficult question to answer, after all, personal taste is something very subjective. However, there are some titles that are unanimous when it comes to cinema for nerds and one of them is Matrix.
Released in 1999, the film directed by the Wachowski brothers marked a generation and is still considered one of the best films ever made. The original and well-thought-out story captivated audiences and sparked many people's imaginations. In addition, the film's action scenes are spectacular and unforgettable.
If you haven't seen The Matrix yet, you're missing out on a great movie. And if you've already seen it, maybe it's time to revisit this nerd movie classic!
The Matrix movie
Ever since the first trailer for The Matrix was released in November 1998, fans have been speculating about what the movie would be about. When it finally debuted in March 1999, it did not disappoint. The story follows Neo (Keanu Reeves), a young computer programmer who lives a normal life until he discovers that everything around him is an illusion created by intelligent machines to enslave humanity. Throughout the film, Neo needs to learn to see beyond the matrix and face the machines before it's too late.
Matrix is an action and science fiction film that marked a generation and is still considered one of the best films of the genre. In addition to an engaging story, the film features some of the most iconic action scenes ever filmed.
A film that stays in the memory
Geeky movie fans can have an endless debate about which are the best movies of all time. There are so many amazing titles to choose from! However, there is one film that is undeniably one of the most influential and important to nerd pop culture: The Matrix.
The Matrix premiered in 1999 and was directed by Lana and Lilly Wachowski. The film tells the story of Neo (played by actor Keanu Reeves), a young programmer who discovers that the reality he thought was true is actually an illusion created by machines. Throughout the film, Neo fights to free people from the Matrix and face the controlling machines.
Matrix marked a revolution in cinema, bringing technical and visual innovations that had never been seen before. In addition, the film addressed deep and existential themes, such as the nature of reality and the struggle of good against evil. The Matrix had such an impact that it is still quoted and analyzed by experts in cinema and philosophy, even 20 years after its debut.
Why nerds like the matrix movie so much
Nerds love the Matrix movie for many reasons. First of all, it's a sci-fi movie that talks about an alternate reality and how people can live in that reality. Furthermore, the movie has a lot of action and thriller elements which keep the viewers interested. Last but not least, the film's cast is made up of incredible actors such as Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss.
Nerds also like The Matrix movie because it's a movie that makes people think. The film touches on profound themes such as the nature of reality and what it means to be human. In addition, the film has many easter eggs and references to other films and works of fiction, which makes the experience even more interesting for nerds.
Facts about the Matrix movie
Facts about the Matrix movie
1. The name “Matrix” is a reference to the data matrix we live in, and also to Euler's theory of Numbers, which deals with the nature of the square roots of negative numbers.
2. At the beginning of the film, there is a scene in which Cypher talks about a dream he has: “I was in a white room. Everything was white. And there were people around me, all the faces were white.” This scene was inspired by a real dream by director Lana Wachowski.
3. The scene where Neo is shot in the leg was done using makeup and cuts in the fabric of his pants, to prevent Keanu Reeves from actually getting hurt. Reeves said that was his favorite scene in the film.
4. The phrase "Welcome to the real world" ("Welcome to the real world") is pronounced several times throughout the film, but it is only said explicitly once, when Morpheus says it to Neo at the end of the movie. movie.
5. The scene where Trinity jumps off a building and shoots a man using only her body weight was inspired by a scene from the movie “Cinderella”.
6. The scene in which Neo fights Smith was filmed in a parking lot, with the lights off and the cars being moved around to simulate movement. Reeves and Weisz got so tired during filming that, by the end of the scene, they actually looked like they were fighting.
7. Most of the guns used in the movie are toy guns, due to budget constraints. Only a few real weapons were used, like the shotgun that appears in the bank scene.
8. The famous scene where Neo is shot was inspired by a scene from the movie “The Third Man”.
9. The music used in the scene where Trinity jumps off a building is “Clubbed to Death” by Rob D.
10. Most of the action scenes were shot in slow motion, to give the impression that the characters were moving faster than usual.
There's no doubt that every nerd needs to watch The Matrix. The film is full of references to the world of technology and games, in addition to being a great example of how fiction can become reality. With an engaging story and memorable characters, The Matrix is a film that cannot be missing from a good nerd's list.
After all, did you like to know more about it? Let us know in the comments and don't forget to share with your friends and family.
Want to know more about it? Enter our blog and find more information!